- What is ILLiad?
- How do I logon to ILLiad?
- How are my items delivered?
- What if my delivered article has missing pages?
- What about FirstSearch and WorldCat requests?
- What Web browser should I use?
- What are some tips when using a public workstation?
- How long will my requests be retained on ILLiad?
- What does the status of my request mean?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
- What is the cost to use ILLiad?
- What are the fees/fines for overdue or lost ILLiad items?
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan.
- You enter your name, address and other information into the system only once, at the time of your first request.
- Your request will be handled more rapidly and accurately.
- You can get many of your photocopies more quickly through Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time and from any location.
- ILL staff are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. Staff can respond quickly to your inquiries about your request.
How do I logon to ILLiad?
From the Interlibrary Loan homepage click the ILLiad link. Enter your Oakland University Computing Account user ID and password. This gives you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests.
- If you have never used ILLiad before you will be greeted by a new user registration form.
- Your user information will be retained in ILLiad and attached to your requests.
- You can change your user information at any time by selecting the "Change User Information" button on the ILLiad Main Menu page.
How are my items delivered?
- Loans are held for you at the circulation desk of the Kresge Library.
- You will receive an email stating that your item is ready for pickup.
- Copies are supplied electronically. To view these articles, select the "View/Download Electronically Received Articles" button from the ILLiad Main Menu. Electronic delivery is in PDF format. You can read more about electronic delivery on the Electronic Delivery Information page.
What if my delivered article has missing pages?
Unfortunately there may be times when you find that your delivered article may have unclear or missing pages or that you are not able to open the file.
- Email ILL at firstname.lastname@example.org with the ILLiad transaction number (TN) of the article and an explanation of your problem.
- You may also call the ILL Office, 248-370-2132, between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to speak with the staff.
What about FirstSearch and WorldCat requests?
Your requests from FirstSearch and WorldCat will be downloaded into your ILLiad
account. You will be able to track these requests from ILLiad.
However, you need to be registered in ILLiad to be able to submit requests from these databases.
What Web browser should I use?
You need a Web browser that can handle forms, tables, and preferrably Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). We recommend the current versions of either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
What are some tips when using a public workstation?
Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. Therefore a subsequent user of the workstation can access the system under your name by using the browser's Back button to recall a page from the cache. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps
- Always use the logoff feature in ILLiad. This is located in the upper left of the ILLiad pages.
- Access ILLiad only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- Access ILLiad from a public workstation in the Kresge Library. These computers are supervised by the library staff.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.
- Close the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
How long will my requests be retained on ILLiad?
Your requests will be kept on ILLiad and available to you for several years.
Requests are archived in accordance with the record keeping requirements
of the copyright law.
We purge older records from ILLiad from time to time. Any purge will be announced via the ILLiad notification system.
What does the status of my request mean?
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
ILLiad or Interlibrary Loan Questions:
Interlibrary Loan Office at (248) 370-2132 or e-mail email@example.com
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
The technology that we use sends a Session ID to be stored on your machine. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems.
What is the cost to use ILLiad?
Presently Interlibrary Loan is funded by the University and requests are filled at no cost to the user.
What are the fees/fines for overdue or lost ILLiad items?
The library charges a fine of $1.00/day for each overdue interlibrary loan item. All patrons will be BLOCKED in ILLiad after the third overdue notice. Failure to receive notification does not relieve borrowers of fines accrued. In addition, failure to return overdue items will result in a hold on the borrower's university record. See the Interlibrary Loan Policies page.
When an item is ten or more days overdue ILLiad will declare it LOST and bill as follows:
- $70 replacement fee (refundable if item returned)
- $20 delinquent penalty (non-refundable)
- $10 overdue fine (non-refundable)