By registering in ILLiad, you are acknowledging and agreeing to all of the terms and conditions in this document and in the Interlibrary Loan Policies.
What is ILLiad?
- ILLiad is the electronic interlibrary loan management system used by the Kresge Library.
- ILLiad is available via the Internet 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- ILLiad is used to request materials which are not owned by the Kresge Library and which are necessary for scholarship at Oakland University.
- ILLiad uses the Oakland University UserID and Password to identify each user.
To use ILLiad you must be:
- Currently enrolled or employed at Oakland University,
- An Oakland University student, faculty or staff,
- In posession of an OU SpiritCard (Oakland University ID with a barcode on the back),
- Observant of the Interlibrary Loan Policies,
- Observant of the the Copyright Law of the United States, and
- Aware that fines and fees are assessed for lost and overdue items.
Important Copyright Information
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
With ILLiad you will be able to:
- Create and manage an ILLiad profile,
- Place requests for items not owned by the Kresge Library,
- Check on the status of requests,
- Renew or cancel a request,
- View your ILLiad history,
- Access electronically delivered articles, and
- Access ILLiad notifications and system alerts.